In the world of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, it is difficult to make a precise timeline of events when we lack the details to do so. But there is evidence throughout the series of events taking place before the formation of the Galactic Alliance and the start of the series, as well as events that take place during it.
Present-day Valkyrans claim that before the Galactic Alliance, they ruled the galaxy's space ways, and traveled anywhere they wished without hindrance. This probably took place some time after Natron's rule and closer to the formation of the Galactic Alliance, though this is all mere speculation.
Galactic Alliance and Star CommandEdit
Just as a precise date for the Galactic Alliance's formation is unknown, we do not know when exactly Star Command was first created. However, Buzz Lightyear, who is at least forty years old, had wanted to become a Space Ranger ever since he was young. Space Rangers are considered very popular amongst children, even in the present day.
Commander Nebula has also been Star Command's commanding officer for at least twenty years, his appearance barely having changed since then. However, given his age and him still missing a leg during Buzz's Academy years, he has certainly been at Star Command for much longer. Before being stranded behind a desk, Nebula was fairly active during his younger years.
Tangea is also one of the most recent planets to become a member of the Galactic Alliance, this having occurred during Mira's teenage years when Buzz saved her planet from the Evil Emperor Zurg. In fact, during the conference leading up to attempting to encourage Tangea to join, one of Buzz's arguments was ensured protection from Zurg and his forces.
Gargantia was the most recent known planet to join the Galactic Alliance.
Just how long Zurg has been around threatening the Galactic Alliance and when he became a threat is unknown, but the general consensus is that he is the galaxy's number one enemy.
The order of the events that take place in the show can be found here.
Although the exact timeline is unclear, the following visual attempts to visually represent what order events happened based on what little is known. The table is unofficial and does not use dates due to uncertainties with the timeline.
Known major eventsEdit
Many major events in the history of the galaxy occur prior to the show and in the show. Listed are events that would most likely be considered "historical" or "noteworthy" in the universe the show takes place in.
|PTS||Prior to Show|
|+||It is unknown exactly where this event fits in the timeline|
|Natron conquers the galaxy||PTS||NA|
|Natron is overthrown||PTS||It is only known that he was overthrown by someone known as "The Protector."|
|Valkyrans roam the galaxy||PTS||NA|
|Galactic Alliance formed||PTS||NA|
|Valkyrans' presence in the galaxy declines||PTS||According to Valkyrans, it was because of the formation of the Galactic Alliance.|
|Zurg gains power and becomes a threat to the galaxy +||PTS||At this time it is unknown why Zurg directly opposes the Galactic Alliance, although he occasionally shows interest in conquering other parts of the galaxy.|
|Formation of Star Command +||PTS||NA|
|Nebula becomes Commander of Star Command||PTS||NA|
|XL, a prototype Space Ranger, is rejected and shut down.||PTS||NA|
|Karn becomes a wildlife sanctuary +||PTS||NA|
|Warp Darkmatter betrays Star Command +||The Adventure Begins||Warp Darkmatter acted as a double agent, and eventually faked his death to fully serve Zurg.|
|Norbert Klerm forms Compu-Klerm +||NA||NA|
|Tangea joins Star Command||Tangea joined Star Command after being rescued from Zurg's forces.|
|First Tangean Space Ranger||Mira Nova joined Star Command, despite her father's wishes.|
|First successful robotic Space Ranger||The Adventure Begins||XR was built by the LGMs and the paperwork allowing them to build him was accidently signed by Commander Nebula.|
|Gravitina makes herself known||Gravitina||She was paid by Zurg to attack Star Command, and developed a crush on Buzz Lightyear.|
|Gargantia joins Star Command after years of isolation||Inside Job||The movement was oppossed by the Gargantian Militant Movement, a terrorist organization wishing Gargantia to stay isolated.|
|The first known Energy Vampire is introduced||NOS-4-A2||NOS-4-A2 was created to attack Star Command.|
|Roswell is discovered||Strange Invasion||The planet is similar to Earth in the mid-1950's.|
|Alternate universe is discovered||The Lightyear Factor||In the alternate universe, Buzz Lightyear is a villain who destroyed most of the galaxy.|
|Guzelian preaches peace and convinces all to dismantle their weapons, but is exposed as a hoax.||War and Peace and War||A species known now as Heed created the hoax to leave the galaxy vulnerable to attack.|
- ↑ "Ancient Evil", Ep. 61. Steve Loter (Director) & Adam Armus, Kay Foster (Story Editors) & Jim Fisher, Jim Staahl (Writers). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. January 6, 2001.
- ↑ "42", Ep. 62. Steve Loter (Director) & Gary Sperling (Story Editor) & John Behnke, Rob Humphrey, Jim Peterson (Writers). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. January 13, 2001.
- ↑ "Lone Wolf", Ep. 39. Denise Koyama (Director) & Gary Sperling (Story Editor) & Eddie Guzelian (Writer). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. November 15, 2000.
- ↑ "Tag Team", Ep. 09. Victor Cook (Director) & Greg Johnson (Writer). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. October 11, 2000.
- ↑ "Shiv Katall", Ep. 17. Victor Cook (Director) & Bill Motz, Bob Roth (Story Editors & Writers). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. October 20, 2000.
- ↑ "First Missions", Ep. 47. Victor Cook (Director) & Bill Motz, Bob Roth (Story Editors & Writers). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. November 26, 2000.