|Original Airdate||October 11, 2000|
|Studio||Sunwoo Animation Co., Inc.|
|Previous||The Beasts of Karn|
|Next||The Main Event|
|Image Gallery (5) | Transcript|
After finding out that implants have been injected into their necks, Buzz and Warp team up to trace their origins and confront whomever planted the devices. They run into the Chlorm, who claim that their reasons were for scientific purposes-to study the difference between good and evil. In the process, Buzz and Warp’s partnership is put to the test.
On Tradeworld, Buzz is pursuing Warp Darkmatter and after a lengthy chase, he prepares to arrest him but he passes out.
Buzz wakes up in the med bay where the LGMs and his superior tell him he was unresponsive for eight hours. An x-ray is done, revealing implants in Buzz's neck, which contributed to his passing out. The LGMs try to remove it but it has a defense mechanism.
As Buzz grapples Warp, he is notified by a message from Star Command of the implants he and Warp have had in their necks since the academy. Buzz then tells this news to Warp, who has his minions confirm and is told this is true. Warp insults them for not thoroughly examining him and he teams up with his old partner to discover the perpetrators.
- This is one of the few times Buzz Lightyear and Warp Darkmatter team up since Warp left Star Command.
- We learn that Warp had a small afro in a flashback.
- Buzz's house on Capital Planet (and the other, near-identical houses in his neighborhood) is intended to resemble the House of the Future that resided in Disneyland's Tomorrowland area in the 1960s (similarly, Star Command itself resembles Space Mountain, another Tomorrowland presence).
- When the LGMs are electrocuted by the implant's defense system, they are wearing medical gowns. When they get back up, however, they are dressed in their usual clothes. It is possible they were knocked off by the impact, but extremely unlikely.
- Diedrich Bader as Warp Darkmatter and Zurg Spy
- Adam Carolla as Commander Nebula
- Stephen Furst as Booster Munchapper
- Jonathan Harris as Era
- Larry Miller as XR
- Bill Mumy as Eon
- Paul Rugg as Ed
- Nicole Sullivan as Mira Nova
- Patrick Warburton as Buzz Lightyear and LGMs
- Frank Welker as Epoch and Grubs
Executive Producers: Tad Stones, Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley
Director: Victor Cook
Story Editors: Ken Koonce, Michael Merton
Written by: Greg Johnson
Voice Casting and Dialogue Director: Jamie Thomason
Storyboard: Craig Kemplin, Carin-Anne Greco
Timing Directors: Daniel De La Vega, Gordon Kent
Sheet Timing: Daniel De La Vega, Gordon Kent, Karl Fischer
Continuity Coordinator: Jungja Kim-Wolf
Supervising Character Design: Greg Guler
Character Design: Dana Landsberg
Additional Character Designs: Kenny Thompkins, Brian Brookshier
Key Location Design: Simon Rodgers
Prop Design: Chuck Puntuvtana, Tom Foxmarnick
Storyboard Revisions: Robert Griffith
Associate Producer: Natasha Kopp
Production Manager: Zoe Seals
Creative Consultant from Pixar: Jeff Pidgeon
Overseas Animation Supervisor: Henry Neville
Digital Color Correction: Don Devine
Scanner: Adam Chase
Lead Background Paint: Donna Prince
Key Background Stylist: Tom Cain
Color Key Stylist: Sharon Scott
CGI Main Title: Pixar Animation Studios
Music By: Adam Berry
Main Title Theme By: Adam Berry
Animation Production By: Sunwoo Animation Co., Inc.
Animation Director: Il Kim
Layout Director: Sung Chan Lee
Layout Artists: Glanda Lin, Joy Hu
Backgrounds: Sung Dae Hong
Digital: Sang Wook Park
Animators: Young Che Kim, Jong Bum Kim, Ki Hyun Ryu, Hyun Ae Lee, Jin Suk Park, Hyun Jin Ryu
Supervising Film Editor: John Royer
First Assistant Film Editor: Jennifer Harrison
Assistant Film Editor: Tally Paulos
Pre-Production Dialogue Editor: Monte Bramer
Track Reading: Skip Craig
Post Production Supervisor: Rachel Pusateri
Audio Supervisor: Victor Garcia
Post Production Coordinator: Mark Allen Bollinger
Sound Design: Paca Thomas
Dialogue Editor: Robbi Smith
Music Editor: Marc S. Perlman, M.P.S.E.
Foley: Phyllis Grinter, Kris Daly
Digital Audio Transfer: L. Lampinen
Re-Recording Mixers: James C. Hodson, C.A.S., Melissa Ellis, Fil Brown, Ray Leonard, Michael Beiriger
Supervising Music Editor: Dominick Certo
On-line Editor: Keith Cook
Production Coordinator: Chris Versage
Production Associate: Sean Reed
Production Secretaries: Linda DeLizza, Jessica Farley
Script Coordinator: Dawn T. Connors
Talent Coordinator: David H. Wright III
Production Accountant: Ron J. Earhart
Produced By: Walt Disney Television Animation