|Root of Evil|
|Original Airdate||October 24, 2000|
|Story Editor(s)||Thomas Hart|
|Studio||Toon City, Inc.|
|Previous||A Zoo Out There|
|Image Gallery (2) | Transcript|
Root of Evil is the twentieth episode of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. It first aired on October 24, 2000, and is the twenty-eighth episode in production.
Zurg puts in action a plan to turn all the veggies on Jo-Ad into vicious, animalistic carnivores so as to (eventually) weaken the children of the galaxy by making them afraid to eat their vegetables; hence making it easier for him to take over at some unspecified point in the future (and make them painfully irregular).
- Buzz Lightyear
- Mira Nova
- Booster Munchapper
- Ma Munchapper
- Pa Munchapper
- Evil Emperor Zurg
- Booster's middle name is revealed to be Sinclair; a reference to the real-life gas station.
- The red, blue, and yellow buttons on Buzz's suit are all yellow in several scenes, and in another scene there are four buttons and the colours fluctuate.
- The black part of Booster's suit is grey in one shot.
- Mira's jetpack button is missing in several scenes
- When Pa Munchapper arrives with the plough, he is dressed in his homemade Space Ranger suit; however, when he pauses to take a picture of Booster, Mira, and Buster escaping from the exploding trandibulator, he is wearing his farming clothes.
- In one shot, part of Mira's head is missing when the camera zooms out.
- Grey DeLisle as Mom
- Conchata Ferrell as Ma Munchapper
- Stephen Furst as Booster Munchapper
- Wayne Knight as Evil Emperor Zurg
- Larry Miller as XR
- Nicole Sullivan as Mira Nova
- Patrick Warburton as Buzz Lightyear and LGM
- Frank Welker as Grub and Dad
- Fred Willard as Pa Munchapper
- Thomas F. Wilson as Buster
Animation Production by: Toon City, Inc.
Unit Directors: Colin Baker, Romy Garcia
Unit Coordinator: Wayne Smith
Layout Supervisors: Jose R. Aoanan III, David Gonzales, Rosauro De La Vega, Emmanuel I. Padolina
Layout Artists: Rowell Anchetta, Marlowe Ray Garcia, Abel Armesin, Misael Gotel, Gary Autencio, Zandro Hipolito, Benjo Camay, Jonathan Ledesma, Fritz Aldrin Casas, Gerald Linatoc, Al Doria, Michael Mercado
Animation Supervisors: Romy Garcia, Dante Clemente
Assistant Animation Supervisors: Jolan Calibuso, Nowell Villano
Background Supervisor: Roberto Angeles
Digital Director: Jonathan J. Tinsay
Technical Director: Donato R. Vytiaco
Digital Supervisors: Cynthia Antonia, Joy Valondo
Animators: Rolando Angelo, Edwin Arcena, Jospeph Jebilee Baldera, Ric Bernardo, Lester Cabarles, Tednicolao Camahalan, Jerome Co, Joselito Cruz, Jocelyn Diaz, Sanny De Ramos, Boyet Delfino, Noel Domingo, Rosalie Estacio, Sedelson Eugenio, Alexander Ferrarez, Akiblas Flores, Annabelle Galvez, Noriel Israel, Cynthis Javier, Don Juan, Renato Miranda, Rey Morano, Robert Ocon, Nomer Panlaqui, Manuel Pascual, Leonardo Ramirez, Jerry Reyes, Jojo Reyon, Warren Romero, Rommel Santiago, Raul Santos, Evangelina Soriano, Lorna Sun, Francis Tan, Arthur Tolentino, Denis Tomacruz, Oliver Regoniel, Penn Balnaja, Willy Leonardo, Rogel Venturanza, Danny Wabe, Mas Natividad, Donato Gallon, Francis Santos, Jebbie Barrios, Roger Quilatan, Lito Tamayo, Mill Jimenez, Mackoy Salvador, David Temperamente, Noel De Leon, Larry Pagcaliwangan, Romie Calingo, James Diores, Tess Mendoza, Sammy Canton, Japhet Bautista, Elsie Lopez, Edwin Santiago, Manny Magsaysay, Ruel Ramos, Roddy Erenio, Ibet Francisco, Dynes Fabian, Glenn Arriola, Allan Reyes, Rowen Pingkian, William Sy, Alex Acayen, Nonoy Lustria, Albert Arriola, Antonia Bugas, Bienifer Flores, Edgar Lorenzo, Alex Iguban, Jojie Gan, Harry Hallare, Armand Wong, Ronald Cayao, Toons Benitez, Magnifico Albert
Compositors: Valman Agapito, Bernard Barrios, Dale Sy, Dexter Alpis, J'Mee Trinidad, Nestor Marasigan, Julius Legaspi, Mary Ann Abary, James Arboleda, Melvyn Anthony Carreon, Soledad Cruz
Painters: Michelle Tan, Michael Salindong, Marife Sarmiento, Ma. Luisa Consolacion, Mikie Icaro, Marilyn Pasana, Francis Magpayo, Antonio Cardiente, Pilsen Cayabyab, Doris Desiderio, Maria Clara Geologo, Jane Lizbeth Cabrera, Charina Mabalot
Color Stylists: Nelia Emi, Milagros Baylon, Maria Cristina Ferandez
Scanners: Romeo Venezuela, Socorro Rey, Jonathan Cu, Gilbert Lantion