- For the child-clone counterpart, please see Feara.
Mira Nova is one of four Space Rangers on Team Lightyear, and Buzz Lightyear's co-pilot. She is also a princess and heir to the throne of Tangea. She was inspired to join Star Command after Buzz saved her planet from the Evil Emperor Zurg.
Mira is a young female Tangean Royal with long red hair, streaked with a paler reddish-orange, and a typical blue complexion. She has large blue eyes and a shapely form.
While in direct sunlight exposure, she can undergo what Tangeans call "yellowing"; their form of tanning that causes their skin to turn bright yellow, and this can also result in a sunburn.
Mira Nova was born on the planet Tangea into the Tangean Royal royal family. Raised to assume her father's throne, Mira first caught sight of Star Command, and the Space Rangers themselves, when Buzz Lightyear came to her world to stop Evil Emperor Zurg from taking over with his Hyper-Hornet. This was the first contact she had with a Space Ranger and ever since then, it had been her dream to enlist and serve; that drive ultimately leading her to become a member of Team Lightyear, a position she currently holds.
Princess Mira Nova isn't your typical princess. She is hot-headed, impulsive, and desperate to be on the front lines rather than sitting on a throne. Unlike other Tangeans, Mira is perfectly comfortable interacting with other races, lacking the elitist attitudes shared by the rest of her people. Although humble, she can at times be arrogant and cocky, often times clashing with Buzz, her captain. She can be impatient, and has a tendency to fall into long strings of stream-of-conscious babbling; a habit throughout the series.
Despite these shortcomings, she is a good friend and strong fighter to her team. She is an excellent shot, and along with that hard head, she won't quit until given the order. She is also confident in her abilities, although a little careless at times. As a Space Ranger, she doesn't like to be called "princess", preferring to be acknowledged as a person rather than royalty. Mira is also a very stubborn individual, sometimes deliberately ignoring advice and orders given by others. This is largely due to constant clashings with her own people's elitist attitudes, especially her father, King Nova.
- Intangibility: As a Tangean, Mira can phase through solid objects (aka "ghosting"). She can extend this ability through any object she is physically in contact with, such as another person or her own Space Ranger uniform. She must mentally focus to use this ability, and it can be impeded through physical circumstances such as forcefields. Mira is also capable of phasing through active energy, although this causes her to physically absorb the energy, which can affect her personality and temper.
- Flight: Thanks to her Ghosting abilities, Mira can limitedly fly upward or downward.
- Space Survivability: Due to her ghosting abilities, Mira can survive a vacuum of space, even without a helmet. However, this power doesn't last forever.
- Power Ghosting: A state when Tangeans ghost through energy sources and absorb the energy of whatever they pass through, supercharging them with visual aura with enhanced abilities. When Mira was exposed to it in "Super Nova" her strength was enhanced to punch a slug creature off a cliff, her accuracy was enhanced to where she could spin at high speeds and hit her targets, her intelligence was enhanced so that she gave XR a fast tune-up and memorized all known star systems, and finally she could fire lasers from her eyes that could destroy several Hornets.
- Telepathy: She can also read/search, control, and presumably plant ideas into people's minds by forcing her intangible hand into their brains, a process the recipients often describe as physically disgusting. Mira can freely read minds when she goes inside of the a person. She first used her mind control when she made a Valkyran guard leave her and Buzz alone and prevent her from sounding an alarm.
- Expert Hand-to-hand Combatant: She showed off her impressive abilities by beating Level 10 in the training deck, defeating three giant robots. Even without her ghosting powers, she showed a skill level comparable to Buzz's by being able to handle Level 9 with just her ranger skills.
- "Wha? Is he kidding, that's craz-! Oh, oh, and about that incident on the playground in the third grade? (she hisses) Yeah, gotta let it go."
- "GIVE ME THAT!"
"Guys, we're supposed to be on vacation!"
- Her last name, "Nova" is a reference to the phenomenon of the same name in space, involving the explosion of a white dwarf star, while her first name, "Mira", is a pulsating variable star in the constellation Cetus.
- She is one of the only rangers shown to have white shoulder pads instead of green, as even the other female rangers have green shoulder pads. She is the only Space Ranger to wear a green head cowl, as opposed to a purple one or foregoing one at all.
- In the episode "Bunzel Fever", it is implied that she has either athlete's foot or excessive sweating in the feet, since XR used one of her socks to revive Booster, who blacked out as a result of Bunzel Fever.
- Mira is voiced by Nicole Sullivan, who would go on to voice the villain Shego in Disney's Kim Possible animated series.
- Attack of the Energy Vampire
- Blast Off!
- Buzz vs. Torque: One-On-One
- The Good, the Bad, and the Robotic
- Infinity and Beyond
- Meet the Space Rangers
- Space Action!
- Speed Trap
- Team Lightyear
- Trapped in Time