|Original Airdate||October 6, 2000|
|Story Editor(s)||Gary Sperling|
|Studio||Wang Film Productions Co., Ltd.|
|Image Gallery (4) | Transcript|
When the ambassador of Gargantia announces his intent to join the Galactic Alliance, a few extremists try to stop and assassinate him before doing so and Team Lightyear are assigned to protect him. Worsening matters at hand is a new recruit who makes Booster insecure.
Buzz is in a small Star Command shuttle being pursued by another spacecraft through an asteroid field. In order to shake it off, he performs a complex spinning maneuver, causing the other shuttle to bump into few asteroids. Buzz emerges from the asteroids, confident that his pursuer couldn't keep up with him after he employed the "Lightyear Spin Cycle". But he is alerted to his assailant's presence by his shuttle's computer, who also informs him that the enemy shuttle has a missile locked upon him. When they fire, Buzz stops his shuttle, makes it drop so that the missiles and the ship fly over him, then rises back up and gets behind the enemy shuttle, preparing to fire.
A bell sounds and the simulator ends, with both shuttles standing out upon a white backdrop. The ships touch down and the rest of Team Lightyear emerges from a side door in the amphitheater. Booster congratulates Buzz for his great flying and on how he had that Academy trainee on the ropes. Buzz admits that it was the trainee who had him on the ropes instead and goes over to meet him eagerly.
- Buzz Lightyear
- Mira Nova
- Booster Munchapper
- Commander Nebula
- Madame President
- Ursona Major
- Along with "Conspiracy", this episode was banned following 9/11 due to revolving around terrorism.
- Several of the senators seen in the background at the beginning of the episode are miscolored.
- At one point, after the first assassination attempt and when Buzz orders his team to check all around the hotel to find the assassin, Booster's collar rim is temporarily white.
- In one shot, the red, yellow, and blue buttons are missing from Buzz's suit. In another shot, the yellow button is missing.
- Mira's jetpack button is missing in several scenes.
- Buzz's suit has the Saturn ring in several scenes.
- In one scene, both Buzz and Mira's waists are white instead of black.
- After Ursona Major declares Gargantia's union to the Galactic Alliance, Buzz's waist is white.
- Adam Carolla as Commander Nebula
- Charles Fleischer as Monumentus
- Stephen Furst as Booster Munchapper
- Jason Marsden as Flash Flemming
- Barney Martin as Ursona Major
- Larry Miller as XR
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Tremendor
- Roz Ryan as Madame President
- Nicole Sullivan as Mira Nova
- Patrick Warburton as Buzz Lightyear
- Frank Welker as Gargantians
Executive Producers: Tad Stones, Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley
Director: Victor Cook
Story Editor: Gary Sperling
Written by: Adam Armus, Kay Foster
Voice Casting and Dialogue Director: Jamie Thomason
Storyboard: Sean Bishop, Denise Koyama
Timing Directors: Bob Zamboni, Karen Peterson
Sheet Timing: Dale Case, Bob Zamboni, Burt Medall
Supervising Character Design: Greg Guler
Character Design: Dana Landsberg
Additional Character Design: Kenny Thompkins
Key Location Design: Simon Rodgers, Latchezar Gouchev, Justin Thompson
Prop Design: Chuck Puntuvatana, Tom Foxmarnick
Digital Color Correction: Donald Devine
Scanner: Adam Chase
Associate Producer: Natasha Kopp
Creative Consultant from Pixar: Jeff Pidgeon
Lead Background Paint: Donna Prince
Key Background Stylist: Tom Cain
Color Key Stylist: Marta Goldkowska
Storyboard Revisions: Alan Wright
Additional Storyboard by: Jim Caswell, David M. Fassett, Robert Griffith
Continuity Coordinator: Jungja Kim-wolf
CGI Main Title: Pixar Animation Studios
Music By: Adam Berry
Main Title Theme By: Adam Berry
Animation Production By: Wang Film Productions Co., Ltd.
Animation Director: Tosy Yeh
Layout: Chenny Chen
Animators: Lyndon Jiang, Tasso Lee, Orma Hwang, Jassie Shyong, Arion Chang, Mike Lee, Ken Lai
Supervising Film Editor: John Royer
First Assistant Film Editor: Jennifer Harrison
Pre-Production Dialogue Editor: Monte Bramer
Track Reading: Skip Craig
Post Production Manager: Steven J. Arenas
Post Production Supervisor: Rachel Pusateri
Audio Supervisor: Victor Garcia
Post Production Coordinator: Mark Allen Bollinger
Sound Design: Paca Thomas
Dialogue Editor: Robbi Smith
Music Editor: Marc S. Perlman (M.P.S.E.)
Foley: Phyllis Ginter, Kris Daly
Digital Audio Transfer: J. Lampinen
Re-Recording Mixers: James C. Hodson (C.A.S.), Melissa Ellis, Fil Brown, Ray Leonard, Michael Beiriger
Supervising Music Editor: Dominick Certo
On-Line Editor: Keith Cook
Production Coordinator: Cris Versage
Script Coordinator: Dawn T. Connors
Production Associate: Sean Reed
Production Secretaries: Linda DeLizza, Jessica Farley
Talent Coordinator: David H. Wright III
Production Accountant: Ron J. Earhart
Produced By: Walt Disney Television Animation