|Brain Pod #13|
|Full Name||Brain Pod #13|
|Residence||Planet Z (formerly)|
|Occupation(s)||Researcher / Inventor (formerly)|
|Moral Alignment||Good (formerly Evil)|
|First Appearance||The Adventure Begins|
Later, at Planet Z, once Zurg was in possession of the Uni-Mind, 13 was selected by a Grub to be the one to explain to the Evil Emperor how their research was going. Although frightened, 13 attempted amidst flatteries to explain the purpose of their research. Zurg, however, grew infuriated at 13's dawdling and lack of progress, and fired laser beams from his eyes, nearly hitting 13.
Paradoxically, when Team Lightyear crash-landed with the Alpha-1 and Hornets summoned 13 for orders, the Brain Pod took one look at the craft and dismissed it, thinking it to be a weather balloon.
However, instead of trying to kill the brain pod, Shiv Katall, who was really Buzz Lightyear in disguise, arranged to meet up with the Brain pod in a secret underground bunker located in Zurg space and take him to Star Command where he will be given a new identity.
After Mira, Booster and XR cause problems with this plan, XR comes up with a new idea to get Brain pod 13 out of Zurg Space and to freedom. He has Brain Pod 13 disguise as Brain Pod 18, by simply using a pen to change the number "13" into "18." The Rangers then hide and have the brain pod simply transfer them all off base. However, this plan meets with failure, when Emperor Zurg runs into the real Brain Pod 18 and realizes his mistake.Commander Nebula, also assuming the Shiv Katall persona, also tries to mount a rescue. Again the plan is to sneak out right from under Zurg, with Shiv supposedly transporting them to Planet Z when in reality they would escape to Star Command.
He is very capable, having created some of Zurg's favorite torture methods.
- "Oh! He's not gonna like this..."
- "Oh, uh, E-Evil Emperor Zurg! H-hi, how are you? The torture tank is good to go here, as you can see, and I got everything--" (is smacked aside by Zurg) "--my bad..."
- "Uh... ahhh! Okay, hi, uh, Mr. Evil Emperor. how are you, uh--you look terriff, very sinister today..." (clears throat) "We believe that just as the Uni-Mind connected all the LGMs, uh, it could, um, hopefully allow you to reach out and ensnare every innocent mind in the Galactic Alliance! Huh, you know, a mind slave, evil puppet kind of scenario..." (chuckles)
- "Yeah, kind of an outdoor voice there... Okay, um, naturally, the first step is to turn the Uni-Mind from good to evil. But, um, hehe, we don't have any idea how. See, we're on the way--" (Zurg fires his laser beam eyes at him and 13 screams and runs away)
- "what now? That? That's not a spacecraft. It's obviously a weather balloon. Let's leave the brain-work to those with the brains, shall we?"
- "Woohoo! Oh, I made it! Zurg can kiss my sweet cerebellum goodbye! Oh, um, we're... not there yet... are we? Ehe..."
- "Save the dissident! Somebody save the dissident!"
- Brain Pod #13 is mistakenly added in "Clone Rangers" as a background Brain Pod, which is chronologically set after the events of "Shiv Katall".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Shiv Katall", Ep. 17. Victor Cook (Director) & Bill Motz, Bob Roth (Story Editors & Writers). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. October 20, 2000.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "The Adventure Begins", Pilot. Tad Stones (Director) & Bill Motz, Bob Roth (Writers). Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Disney Enterprises, Inc./Pixar Animation Studios. August 8, 2000.